Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Salad, thou hast decieved Paula

Ever order something and get something that was totally not what you were expecting? I have had a few surprises in my life with this but nothing like what poor Paula experienced upon ordering the nacho salad.


We were not that hungry so Paula and I decided to order a small lunch, especially as Paula was planning a big dinner in about 4 hours from then. I was having trouble between getting a soup or sandwhich, hungry enough for a soup but was not sure if it would fill me. So I got a half sandwhich and a soup. Paula wanted a simple salad but was craving nacho's so she decided to get the nacho salad. Now when my order came I was a little surprised as the "half" sandwhich was the size of a whole in my opinion. But my surprise was nothing compared to Paula's "salad". It was delivered on what looked like one of those platters you would serve a whole turkey on during Thanksgiving. I think the picture I took of Paula when the waiter placed that nacho salad in front of her says it all. It took three take out boxes to carry that salad home. Now if only I could get a income tax return that was as surprisingly large as that salad....

2 comments:

  1. I guess no one's wondering why Americans are so fat (unless they're like you two who don't WANT to eat like a pig at every meal!). That salad is RIDICULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I liked about that was the fact that you definitely get your money's worth but think there should be a happy medium and not the "not enough for your money" versus the "enough to feed an army" options that seem to be popular at the resturants around here.

    ReplyDelete