Friday, February 12, 2010

Frosted Ducks



The reason I live in Florida is the fact that it is warm. No snow and ice to slip and slide on. No frozen toes. No runny nose due to cold. So it's really annoying when we have cold weather here because not only is it cold but it's that damp cold that seems to seep right through those so called "protective layers" and freeze the bones. I have to suffer through the runny nose and the frosted toes through layers of socks and boots. My poor southern body just was not made for cold weather. I am like some kind of Irish/English/German American two legged lizard that absorbs the surrounding temperature and tries to leech of heat from any source available (sorry sweetie, god made you a human furnace to keep me alive). I have been to snowy areas and lived in snowy areas but I always move back to florida for one reason and it's the same reason the ducks fly south for winter. So I don't freeze my tush off in winter. A frozen duck may sound kinda funny in a slapstick kinda way but in the end you feel sorry for the poor feathered s.o.b. as you shake your head and walk away. Unless you are one of those northern abominable snow people who like to play hockey with iced ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment