Wednesday, March 2, 2011


With spring in the air, plotting vacation getaways and day trips becomes a compulsion. Since I am currently unemployed and broke, the challenge increases. So I go for the cheap, camping. I have all the gear needed. Activities include hiking, fishing, swimming which can be obtained for free or low cost depending on your campsite. Now for the hunt for a campsite. Has to be fairly close as gas is not cheap. Went online and to the local library. The library had a lot of useful books on travel in florida. Found a nice florida camping book that listed campsites that a free to low cost and also listed the activities that can be found at said campsite. Made a list of ones I would like to visit and now it's a game of planning the date, making sure I have some emergency money for gas, and calling friends to see who wants to join in on the escape. Everyone talks about vacations in foreign places while I am thinking of all the possible new places near to home that I can explore. It's always nice to learn more about your home (call it bragging rights ^_-).

No comments:

Post a Comment